At DarbeeVision we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by DarbeeVision or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies. In addition, where more detailed information is needed to explain our privacy practices, we post separate privacy notices to describe how particular services process personal information.
Our Website uses Google Site Stats to track user activity on our website to make sure our customers and visitors have the best possible experience.
Personal information and other data we collect
- DarbeeVision collects personal information when you register for a DarbeeVision account, product download or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. We may combine personal information collected from you with information from other DarbeeVision services or third parties to provide a better user experience, including customizing content for you.
- DarbeeVision's servers automatically record information when you visit our website or use some of our products, including the URL, IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your request.
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve DarbeeVision technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties outside of DarbeeVision.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
- DarbeeVision processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
Information we collect and how we use it:
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you purchase a DarbeeVision product or sign up for a promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to DarbeeVision, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites - We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to DarbeeVision in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links - DarbeeVision may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our technology and the needs and interests of our users. For more information about links and redirected URLs, please see our Links page.
- Providing our products and services to users;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our product, servers, security; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the privacy notices for particular services.
DarbeeVision processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use. If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent. You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case DarbeeVision may not be able to provide those services to you.
DarbeeVision only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of DarbeeVision in the following limited circumstances:
We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of License, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of DarbeeVision, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually. Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to DarbeeVision employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
DarbeeVision processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use DarbeeVision software and services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
DarbeeVision regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or DarbeeVision's treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o DarbeeVision, 153 E. City Place Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92705, USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is DarbeeVision's policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between DarbeeVision and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Privacy Matters, c/o DarbeeVision, 1073 N. Batavia Street, Suite A, Orange, CA 92867, USA.